Here’s what coach Wayne Kreklow had to say after Mizzou’s crucial 3-0 sweep of Oklahoma Nov. 11:
Also, some final stat notes from the match:
- Mizzou hit .226 for the match. That may not look great, but remember, OU was holding opponents to a hitting percentage in the low .160s coming into the match.
- Paola Ampudia had 21 kills on a .245 hitting percentage.
- Wendy Wang had eight kills and a .308 hitting percentage, but her serving was the biggest aspect of her game tonight.
- Julliana Klein, Catie Wilson, and Brittney Brimmage all had seven kills. Brimmage led the group with a .500 hitting percentage.
- Caitlyn Vann had 15 digs to lead Mizzou. Other high totals: Annie Lopez (10), Paola Ampudia (9), Lei Wang-Francisco (8), Priscilla Armendariz (8), and Wang (5). As a team, Mizzou had 66 digs to OU’s 62.
- OU hit just .115 on the match, including .064 in the final set.